Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ole!


Minnesota Stars stun RSL 3-1 in the U.S. Open Cup
REAL Salt Lake!! Super excited to go to their game tonight!

So as of late...I have become a huge soccer fan! Which isn't a huge mystery since Shay is...and pretty much the whole entire Dixon family! But to be honest I've never really had the patience for soccer. In previous times of my life, whenever I would try to sit down and watch it I usually would watch like two seconds of it and be like..."boring!"....but seeing as how I am marrying someone who has played it since he could walk....I figured I should at least give it a shot. And to simply put it....since I have, my life has been changed forever haha. My first real experience with soccer was at the REAL Salt Lake's home opener. Words cannot describe how legit it was. It was a lot more exciting than I thought it was going to be and it was then that I realized soccer in my eyes had the potential of being a really cool sport. However, not until I started going to Shay's brothers soccer games did I really appreciate the sport and how epic it is! I loved going to watch his younger brothers, Parker and Zac, play for Weber High School. There was never a dull moment that was for sure. Towards the end of the season, when they were starting the state playoffs, I was jumping up and down and yelling at the officials just like everyone else. I would lean over to Shay and be like that was cheap or that should have been an off sides. I think the first time I said something like that Shay's mouth dropped to the ground haha. So I guess it's time to own up and confess how I really feel about soccer......it's amazing and I love it....the end.
Weber's Parker Dixon (13) tries to get around Jordan's Peter Funaro (10) in Pleasant View on Tuesday, May 15, 2012. Weber defeated Jordan, 4-1. NICHOLAS DRANEY/Standard-Examiner
Parker killin it like usual
On a side note! Parker just graduated from high school and is leaving this Friday to play soccer for West Point Academy in New York! I have enjoyed watching him play soccer and will miss seeing this kid at the Dixon household. But I know he is going to have so much fun at West Point and is going to have many fun and exciting experiences!
Zac tearin it up in a region game!
But luckily Shay and I will still have someone to watch still, his little brother Zac! and lets be honest if you've ever seen Zac play soccer, then you know he's a beast! haha 

2 comments:

  1. Did you take those pictures of Shay's brothers! They are amazing!!! Oh and P.S. I'm glad you like soccer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha No I didn't. I wish! I just got them off of the newspapers website. But yes soccer is good and I will definitely be watching more of it in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete