Thursday, June 14, 2012

Yes

Now that you have the back story of how Shay and I met, let me tell you the story of how he proposed. Over the course of several months, like I said in the last post, I just fell in love with Shay more and more everyday and with every date! Our dates were always crazy fun and ranged from going to Jazz games, wrestling in the snow, watching movies, reading scriptures, going bowling, cooking fun foods,going to the temple, playing volleyball...to just sitting on his front porch talking. Whatever it was I knew it would be fun because I was with Shay. However, the last month before he proposed was one of the bests. Our relationship really blossomed and every time I knelt in prayer or opened my scriptures and asked my Heavenly Father if this was right.....I felt an overwhelming sensation that it was. The last couple of weeks of March we started to talk about it...then on into April we went and looked at rings and finally on April 24th, he knelt down and asked me to marry him!....and this my friends...is how he did just that.

Shay had just graduated from Weber State University with a degree in accounting and I had just finished another year of college and a semester of student teaching 2-4 year olds. We decided that those reasons alone meant we should celebrate. Shay had told me to be ready that night to go out to eat and then we would do something fun. All day I was super excited to go out to eat and to just be with Shay....little did I know he had something completely different planned. He picked me up later that night. As we were getting ready to drive away he said oh so casually, "So before we go eat tonight I just have to run by the seminary building for my dad and grab some papers he forgot for interviews tonight." I thought nothing of it and was like sure! After we got to the building he ran in and was gone for a couple of minutes, until he came back out and claimed he could not find the papers anywhere! Thinking....of course he can't, I walked into the building and was blown back by the sight before my eyes.


There were candles everywhere, music was playing, and dinner was ready. I couldn't believe it! It was more than perfect. Shay grabbed my hand and led me over to the middle of the room and we began to dance. I teared up a little of course and just said I love you, I love you, I love you! haha



After dinner we danced for a little bit, we sat down to dinner by candle light. He had prepared lasagna, corn, yummy minute maid, and french bread. Then we had a small dance party and enjoyed each others company.....but you have to know why he proposed like this. One night, while we were just sitting and talking, I had told Shay I wished we had been able to go to a school dance together.....thus the bare floor and music. He was trying to recreate a school dance for as best he could....and boy did he nail it!





After dancing we ate ice cream sandwiches and took photos. As we took the photos he told me we had to take a serious one. I thought okay no big deal! He set up the camera and then walked away. I noticed that the green light was staying on....it was then I began to become suspicious. Minutes later he walked out and in his hand was a little black box. Tears began to fill my eyes and I started to say shut up shut up! haha Shay walked over and kneeled down on one kneed and said, "Sarah, will you marry me?" Through tears of joy I said yes! It was better than anything I had ever dreamed of and the ring is just the icing on the cake. Since then we have both been blessed abundantly and life just keeps getting better. I am so blessed and grateful to my Heavenly Father for how gracious he has been to me. :)


AUGUST 3RD, 2012!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment