Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Salt and Pepper

So this is the story of how Shay and I met! We met in our singles ward....a ward that I became a part of after my other YSA ward was split last October.  I was devastated when it first happened, but quickly got over it because of the overall feel of the ward. Everyone was super nice and it wasn't hard at all to make friends. The first time I met Shay was just after I had received my new calling as an Family Home Evening coordinator. We were doing a thanksgiving feast along with a Book of Mormon scripture study. Long story short I somehow ended up sitting next to him. As we sat there waiting for opening exercises my friend and I were playing the salt and pepper shakers. We were screwing on and off the lids and the person I am I tried smelling them. Some of the pepper got on the table and without even thinking I started to wipe it off the table.....right into Shay's lap who was sitting right next to me! haha I was so embarrassed and felt horrible. After that I figured, what they hey, the kid already probably hates me for spilling pepper into his lap, why not try to get him to sniff it as well? So I did! and of course he didn't, but it was a great way to start talking to him! After that incident with the salt and pepper we would just say hello to each other in the halls at church and in passing, until in Sacrament one Sunday our bishop (aka his dad) announced there would be a bishop's date night and it was girls choice. I immediately thought of Shay...I just didn't know how or when! Until one night after giving the FHE lesson and going out and doing visits we came back to the seminary building and had some refreshments. Everyone was talking and hanging out when I saw Shay getting ready to leave. All the sudden before I knew it I yelled out his name and started walking forward....tripping over the desk and almost falling on my face! haha.....Shay just laughed, but was nice enough to not say anything about it. But I asked him out and of course he said yes! So on December 29th we went on our first date to the Syracuse fun center. We played golf, went bowling, and then went to his house after and played Wii. Couple weeks later we went on another date. We watched the Help, made danish pastries and cuddled on the couch. Each date got better and better and I quickly fell in love with his smile, laugh, countenance, and everything about him! Before I knew it we had this great and amazing growing relationship that was unstoppable. I have never felt so blessed and so lucky before in my life. I am truly blessed to have this great man in my life to call my own and to share eternity with come August 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment