Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bridals

Yesterday was an amazing day! I woke up and felt very....driven haha, which was nice because I was able to accomplish a lot! I made all of the decorations or centerpieces for the tables at the reception, and I also went and printed off a bunch of photos and filled up all the picture frames for the tables as well. It all made me so excited for the reception and for August 3rd all together! It was also a huge relieve to get those things done. I went and got my little sister Anna and she was a huge help, plus it was nice to have some company. We had a blast going to get the pictures and putting them in the frames. But the highlight of my day yesterday was going to get my bridal pictures taken. I think it finally hit me yesterday that I am actually getting married....well that I am actually going to be a bride haha. Being in my dress, having my hair and make up done, kind of all put it into perspective because it was the first time since I'd boughten my dress that I actually felt like I was one.

It was so much fun though! I took my little sister Anna with me and my mom. We met my photographer at the Smiths on 12th and Harrison and then headed up the canyon towards Pineview and Huntsville. We stopped along the way and took several pictures and even took some by the water. I  loved watching my mom as she watched the photographer take photos and even saw a couple of tears. She would rush to help me lift up my dress and was the first one there to help me down or straighten it out to make sure it looked good. It made me so appreciative of everything I have and for the wonderful mother I have been blessed with. She has been such a huge example in my life....especially during all this wedding planning. I know it is going to be hard for her to let me go and that it will be a huge change for me as well. I mean we've only lived together for the past 21 years!!! haha but it will be good for both of us and I know we will be just fine because of our love for each other and our Faith we have in our Heavenly Father.

It was also nice to have my little sister there. I remember when I went with my sister-in-law Emily to watch her get her bridals done. It was so much fun and I was excited for the day I would get mine...and now that day has come and gone! I am so grateful for the experience I was able to have and for the relationships that were strengthened. I'll post some soon, but I have to wait till the 17th. That is when Shay and I are having formals and he will have seen my dress by then so then the "cat will be out of the bag" haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment