Thursday, July 5, 2012

Let freedom ring!

This fourth of July was especially fun for me. Last year I think I just went on a hike with the fam and chilled, but this year I got to spend all day with Shay and his family, plus my family a little later on. It was perfect and I wish it could have lasted forever. Shay and I started our day early and headed to my old home ward in Ogden, with my mom, where we got to see a bunch of my old friends from the ward. Ones of which I have known since I was a baby. That was great way to start of my fourth. After that we headed back to his house and waited till 10 and then headed to the parade. This was my first year watching the North Ogden Cherry Days Parade. I loved every minute of it and the small town feel. We also had the perfect spot, right underneath a shade of trees which was perfect for the hot summer day.

Headed down to the Parade!

Dixon family! From L to R: Dad, Mom, and Zac
After the parade we then headed down to North Ogde Park where we walked around and looked at all the stores and even did a friendly competition between the newly engaged and the not so newly engaged (aka his parents). It was way fun and of course Shay and I kicked trash! We played a game of basketball and the loser or losers in this case ;) got sprayed with water. It was awesome! haha but not only did we get to do that but we got to watch Shay's brother, Quinn, play it up on the drums! That kid is talented!

Quin is in the middle
After watching Quinn for a little bit we then went down to the car show which was way legit and way fun! Even though it was so stinking hot outside!




Totally beat all the other cars!
We did that for a little bit, then finally headed home where we rested for a little bit before heading out again to see Brave! Which was so cute by the way. Loved every minute of it and kind of want to go see it again....but after watching brave we went back to Shay's parents' home and watched Secretariat....well Shay watched it...I fell asleep, which is what usually ends up happening anyways. I'm horrible at staying up to watch movies, especially when I am with Shay. What can I say? Not my fault he is so comfortable to fall asleep on ;) Then we finished the night off with the the Cherry Day fireworks, which we enjoyed from The Dixon front yard! I love days where I am with Shay for all of it :) It makes for the best memories and for time where we can get to know more about each other. I also love spending time not only with my future family, but with my fam. I always feel so blessed and lucky to have what I have!


No comments:

Post a Comment