Monday, July 16, 2012

Sundays

Can I just say that I absolutley love Sundays with Shay. Especially this last Sunday. Shay and I went to the singles ward like always, but this Sunday it was a little different. Instead of having sacrament, then sunday school and relief society we had a huge combined sacrament meeting with another ward. The special sacrament was a huge effort for us to bring in the less actives and those who have stopped coming to church. More times than not they are just waiting to be invited back or are waiting for someone to reach out to them. So after the special sacrament we went out and visited those who the other ward hadn't seen for a long time or had lost contact with. It was so much fun and a great spiritual experience. I love the singles ward just for that reason. They are always going out and looking for opportunities to serve. Shay and I went out together and his mom even tagged along. It was really cool to watch these two. I said a few things here and there, but it was only to tell them about the activities over the next couple of weeks. However, Shay and his mom were amazing. It was kind of cool to watch Shay as he bore his testimony about the church and how much it has helped him in his life. This was one of the attributes that I noticed about Shay right off. He has a huge testimony and it is so strong. He is always looking for opportunities to share his testimony and when he is given one it is not wasted. It also kind of gave me a glimpse of what it would have been like to see him on his mission and possibly what it will be like when we go together as a senior couple. I am very grateful I was able to go yesterday with Shay and his mom. Service does great things. It not only helps you to be thankful for what you have, but it humbles you and helps your realize what your calling on earth is...helps you to remember what is most important in this life and that is our duty to reach out to those who need the gospel. We don't need to be missionaries to do missionary work.

The rest of Sunday just completed the day. We had dinner at the Dixon household and celebrated his Grandma Strawn's birthday. She is originally from Denmark and has the spunkiest attitude. I absolutely love it. She is the sweetest lady too and I think the world of her. Being able to celebrate her birthday was awesome. We ate lots of yummy food and played some volleyball. Then after that Shay and I headed to the 29th street trailhead to watch the Weber State Fireworks. For the past three years or so my family has gone up to the 29th street trailhead, then hiked up about 5 mins to the golf course to watch the fireworks from WSU. Every year it gets better and better. It is the best view and no traffic after the fireworks is heavenly! haha It was another fun year and even better because Shay was with me. I am so grateful for life right now and am so blessed. PS only 18 more days!!! Can't believe I get to marry this stud. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment